Zilliqa (ZIL) staking
How to stake ZIL?
With this easy step-by-step guide, you will learn how to stake your coins and earn passive income. First of all, keep in mind that Guarda Wallet supports ZIL staking only in the Web and Desktop versions, so be sure you use the right version.
- Open your Zilliqa wallet on Guarda and click Staking to open a staking details tab.
- Tap the Stake button. The minimum amount for staking is 10 ZIL. You can top up your balance before staking by buying ZIL or exchanging some crypto for it.
- Select the validator and staking amount and click Next. You can choose the default validator or select another depending on the reward amount and the Annual Yield.
- On a confirmation tab, you will see a ZIL address you're delegating from, a validator address, an amount and its equivalent in fiat, and the network fee. Check the details if necessary and tap Confirm.
- That's it! Your Zilliqa is now delegated successfully. You just need to wait for the reward.
After that, you will see information about your deposit:
- In the transaction history
- In your ZIL wallet. Open your ZIL wallet in the left column and click Staking.
- In the Receive tab.
How to claim the reward?
There is only manual claiming in the ZIL staking option. The first reward will appear in 24-48 hours after delegating, next rewards will come to your address about every day — at the end of every epoch. Keep in mind that the network charges fees from your address for every claiming operation. Don't worry, it's not necessary to claim ZIL every day, just don't forget to withdraw it to your wallet from time to time: Open your ZIL wallet and click Staking, then Claim.
Please note that the maximum network fee is 120 ZIL, so you need to have at least 120 ZIL to claim the reward.
Can I stake more?
Sure, you can! If you already have delegation you can make an additional deposit. Just click Stake in your ZIL wallet once again, and you will be redirected to the Staking tab.
How to unstake ZIL?
- Open your ZIL wallet and click the Staking tab, then Unstake. Enter the amount to unbound and tap Next. Bear in mind that you need to claim your reward first.
- You will need to pay the network fee, so make sure you have enough ZIL on your balance. Check the details on the confirmation screen and click Confirm.
- Success! Next, you need to wait for the withdrawal. Your unbounded tokens will be locked by the Zilliqa network for 14 days. During this period you won't receive rewards. After unlocking you will be able to get your tokens back by clicking Withdraw.