How to split BCH
On November 15, the established Bitcoin Cash network has divided into two: BCHN and BCHA. If you had BCH wallet at the time of the hard fork (November 15, 2020), you can get two coins. Your balance will be duplicated in two networks. Before sending any transaction, you need to split your coins before it, otherwise, the transaction will be sent on both networks. To prevent a replay attack, holders mix the outputs before and after the hard fork.
After the split, your address and balance will be duplicated in BCHABC/BCHN networks. Any transaction will also be duplicated in both Networks. In order to avoid losing funds, you can split your address using Guarda BCH Split functionality and automatically get two separate addresses with current balances.
How to split BCH
- First, go to your wallet list and tap the Split address button. You’ll be redirected to the Send screen.
- To start the process, you’ll need to send a dust transaction (about 0.0001 BCH) to Guarda Wallet address. After completing the sending you’ll be able to see the split status in your wallet list.
- Wait for the confirmation of the transaction (may take about 8 hours) and don’t forget to save your new backup version after sending!
- After the dust transaction is completed in the BCH network, the split status will be changed to Acton Required. Tap the Complete split button.
- For completing the procees you’ll need to send all the BCH balance to your address. Check the details and press Confirm.
- That’s all! After the network confirms the transaction, the split will be completed.
Check our tutorial on YouTube and don’t forget to subscribe!