ETH-BSC. Wrong network transaction
Token tickers can be the same in different networks, so in services that allow you to withdraw them in different networks, you can make a mistake and send your tokens to the wrong network (e.g. ERC-20 token to BSC address). In that case, tokens will not show up in your Guarda wallet. But then how do you access those tokens? Let's figure it out.
1. First of all, you have to open your wallet on the web version as our service doesn't support BSC in the mobile app (https://guarda.co/app/). In order to do that, you have to download the backup file from your mobile app if you hadn't done this yet and then upload it in the required section of the web version of Guarda wallet:
- Click on the settings section → backup → choose the way you wish to transfer your backup file (copy its text or download it as a .txt file);
- Open the web wallet link (https://guarda.co/app/) → restore or import → upload your backup file or enter its text depending on which way you preferred to save your backup + enter your relevant password;
2. Congratulations! You have entered your wallet via the web wallet. Now you have to copy your ETH private key and import it as a BSC wallet:
- Open your ETH wallet details, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner → "show private keys" and copy your ETH private key;
- If you wish to copy your ETH private key via your mobile app, you have to click on the settings section → wallets management → private keys → choose your ETH wallet → show private keys → enter your relevant password and copy your ETH private key.
- Click on the "Add wallet or connect ledger" button, choose the import section, find the BSC coin in the list and paste your ETH private key there.
Done! Now you can see your tokens in your BSC wallet.